We don’t expect you to know everything there is about fire safety and the Ontario Fire Code requirements, that’s what we’re here for! But there are a few things we feel are good to keep in the back of your mind when it comes to the fire safety of your property. Take 60 seconds and see how many of these 6 questions you know the answers to. (HINT: The answers to all 6 questions can be found on our website).
Fire & Life Safety, 60 seconds, GO!
- Exit lights should be checked on a(n) ___________ basis to ensure they are not damaged and that they are illuminated. OFC 220.127.116.11.
- What type of test needs to be conducted every 12 years? OFC 18.104.22.168.
- Sprinkler pressure test
- Hydrostatic test of fire extinguishers
- Fire pump flow test
- Firefighters’ elevator operational test.
- Records of annual inspections must be kept on site at all times for a total of ____ consecutive years. OFC 22.214.171.124.(1)(2)(3)
- Dwellings of more than ____ suites of residential occupancy are required to install carbon monoxide alarms by October 15, 2015. [Div. B, 126.96.36.199.(2), 188.8.131.52.(2)]
- The fire safety plan shall be reviewed as often as necessary, but at intervals not greater than _____________ , to ensure that it takes account of changes in the use and other characteristics of the building. OFC 184.108.40.206.(4)
- Six months
- Twelve months
- Eighteen months
- Twenty-four months
- What type of preventative maintenance should property managers conduct on their buildings entering into colder seasons?
- Changing emergency lighting back-up batteries.
- Conduct annual inspections before Winter starts.
- Drain drum drips.
- Flush out the sprinkler system.
So how’d you do?
Highlight the rest of this line to see the answers! 1c, 2b, 3b, 4a, 5b, 6c
0-3 correct:You may need to brush up on your knowledge of fire safety and crucial code requirements.
4/6 correct: Not bad! But we suggest browsing our website to learn more about fire safety.
5/6 correct: Getting there! You’re nearly a pro!
6/6 correct: Well we might have to just consult you for our fire safety needs! Congratulations!
If you have any questions regarding the information in the quiz, or fire safety in general, don’t hesitate to contact us!